MACS supports primary care and specialty prescribers across Maryland in the identification and treatment of substance use disorders and chronic pain management. Providers have access to support through free phone consultation, training and education, and assistance with resource identification for their patients.
1. Call 855-337-MACS (6227)
2. Provide information about your case or consultation question to our behavioral health clinician who will triage your request.
3. We will address your request directly and/or arrange for one of MACS’ consultants to call you back at a time that is convenient for you (within 1 business day).
4. We will send you a written summary of the call for your records.
All services are available free of charge and regardless of your patient’s insurance status.
All Primary care and specialty prescribers across Maryland:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
The behavioral health consultant will not collect patient identifying information. However the consultant will ask about:
- Your consultation question
- Known pertinent patient history, including current/past treatment, medication regimen, and diagnoses
- The patient’s demographics, including age, gender, and insurance (for informational purposes only)
Call us with questions related to the initiation and maintenance of buprenorphine for the treatment of substance use disorders and chronic pain management.
- Medication for office-based treatment of opioid use disorders
- Medication for office-based treatment of alcohol use disorder
- Pain managment clinical concerns
- Concerns about aberrant medication use
- Diagnostic questions
- Screening tools
- Alternative medication treatments
- Comorbid diagnoses
- Community resources and referrals
Yes! All services are free.
Call: 1-855-337-MACS (6227)
Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.