MACS supports primary care and mental health prescribers across Maryland in the identification and treatment of substance use disorders. Providers have access to support through free phone consultation, training and education, and assistance with resource identification for their patients.
All Primary care and specialty prescribers across Maryland:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
The behavioral health consultant will not collect patient identifying information. However the consultant will ask about:
- Your consultation question
- Known pertinent patient history, including current/past treatment, medication regimen, and diagnoses
- The patient’s demographics, including age, gender, and insurance (for informational purposes only)
Call us with questions related to the initiation and maintenance of buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid use disorders.
- Initiation and maintenance of buprenorphine
- Termination of buprenorphine
- Diagnostic questions
- Screening tools
- Alternative medication treatments
- Comorbid diagnoses
- Community resources and referrals
Yes! All services are free.
Call: 1-855-337-MACS (6227)
Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.